I got this cute ideal out of a woman’s day Magazine I found laying at a Dr. Office It turned out very cute. I used large different size squash and hung them all over the porch and trees. At night I’d light the teacup candle and they would turn out very pretty.
- First, use pumpkin carving tools to create a gaping mouth, nose and teeth in an upside-down butternut squash,
- Next secure radish eyes with toothpicks.
- With highlighter, draw tall rectangle mouth, teeth and smile lines on butternut squash.
- Carve mouth and lines, then etch skin off teeth with linoleum cutter. Hollow out inside of mouth only.
- Carve upside-down heart for nose. Cut eye sockets with top of knife tilted toward the pumpkin.
- Slice an end off 2 radishes and push in black beans for pupils, then add 2 toothpicks to back of each and push into sockets.
- Poke deep hole in either side of squash at top with an awl. Tape a length of Fishing Line to a wood skewer and thread through holes you made; discard skewer. Knot ends of Fishing Line together; use loop to hang.
- Place teacup candles and light at night
Tools you’ll need: